Many are exchanging the Truth of God into THE lie that the serpent told to the woman in the garden.
The serpent said unto the woman: “you shall not surely die”….which should be literally translated: “dying, you shall not die.” Meaning: By “killing” another with false accusations and slander, you shall not die. We “kill” by speaking evil of another.
(4) And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
“For God does know that…” Meaning: you are doing this thing in God’s name…His authority.
“…In the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened….” Meaning: you shall be seen as wise by speaking evil of another.
“…and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” Meaning: you shall be as JUDGES (the Hebrew word for “gods” is “Elohim” which also means “judges”). A judge judges who or what is good and evil and many believe that they are doing these things in God’s authority. People succumb to the lie by setting themselves up as judge, jury and executioner of another because they are the “wise” one who knows what is good and evil and are doing this for God supposedly.
(5) For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Desirous to be seen as “wise”, the woman believes the lie and partook of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Professing to be wise….desirous of vain glory, they became a fool.
(6) And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Death and life are in the power (hand) of the tongue and those that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Yet the tongue is the “weaker vessel” to the hidden man of the heart (that he is supposed to rule over by bridling his tongue). A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth.
Proverbs 18:20-23 KJV
(20) A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
(21) Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
(22) Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
(23) The poor useth intreaties; but the rich answereth roughly.
If we speak evil of another, we are judging (you shall be as “gods”…as “judges”) and not doing the law of Christ who gave us the new commandment to have love for one another as He loved us and gave Himself for us. We are to walk in love with each other.
We are not as “gods”….judges…for there is only ONE Judge who is able to save and to destroy. There is only One Lawgiver. The woman inserted her own carnal commandment (neither shall you touch it) as though God had said it….but God did not command it.
James 4:11-12 KJV
(11) Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
(12) There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
The basis for many judging others (speaking evil of our brothers) is the external keeping commandments of men that men have added to the commandment of God as the woman did: “neither shall you touch it”. Men preach their commandments to others as if God commanded them to keep them and they use them as a basis to speak evil of others who do not follow them.
Genesis 3:1-3 KJV
(1) Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
(2) And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
(3) But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
As the woman desired to be seen as wise and partook of that tree of the knowledge of good and evil (a judge is to know what or whom is good and evil), many that are professing themselves to be wise have become fools…..
Romans 1:22-25 KJV
(22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
(23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
(24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
….for they are exchanging the Truth of God into THE lie that the serpent spoke. They are serving the “creature”…that is, the “formation”….the ordinance of men…MORE than the Creator who is blessed forever.
(25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
They worship Him in vain teaching for doctrines the commandments of men (i.e. “touch not”) and lay aside the commandment of God. Many are holding to the tradition of men and fight with each other rather than having love for one another.
Mark 7:6-8 KJV
(6) He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
(7) Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
(8) For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
They exchange the Truth of God for THE LIE of the serpent when God commanded man not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Genesis 2:16-17 KJV
(16) And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
(17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Of every tree of the garden we may freely eat. There is NO LAW against the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.
Galatians 5:22-26 KJV
(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
(24) And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
(25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
But there is the law of sin and death for those who walk after the flesh in their envy and strife and provoking one another. We are not under the law if we walk after the Spirit.
Let us not be like the woman in the garden and desire to be seen as wise….desirous of our own vain glory…and speak evil of another thereby provoking one another.
We are not as “gods”…that is, as judges. There is only ONE Lawgiver who is able to save and to destroy. Why judge others as “evil doers” who will “burn in hell” for not keeping our particular denomination’s external commandment of man? Why set aside the commandment of God who told us to love one another in order to keep the transmissions of men that they have handed down from one generation to another which saves the flesh of no one?
(26) Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
We use the same mouth to bless God and curse men. This should not be so.
Death and life are in the power (hand) of the tongue….which is the “weaker vessel” to the hidden man of the heart. Those who love it eat the fruit of it. Of what tree are we going to partake of? An evil tree can NOT produce good fruit when we speak evil of another because they do not follow our particular external commandments of men. Out of the same mouth proceeds blessing of God and cursing of other men who are made after the similitude of God. We are not blessing God by cursing others because we are the “wise” one and the rest are “fools”.
James 3:8-18 KJV
(8) But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
(9) Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
(10) Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
(11) Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
(12) Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
The woman desired to be seen as wise and partook of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil by speaking evil of another in her bitter envying and strife. But who is a wise person and endued with knowledge among us? Those who show out of a good behavior their works with MEEKNESS of wisdom.
(13) Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
(14) But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.
(15) This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
(16) For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
(17) But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
(18) And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
Where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. Let us not believe that we are speaking evil of another in the name (authority) of God. (The LIE: “For God does know” = we are doing God service for doing these things).
We must DO His will and have love for one another.
Matthew 7:18-23 KJV
(18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
We are not doing these “wonderful works” in His authority when we cast out others as “devils” or “evil doers”.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
The man “is become as one of us to know good and evil.” That is, man makes himself a “judge” for God that knows good and evil.
He thinks that he is doing God “service” for judging others as “evil doers”, “devils”, etc. (which is part of the lie of the serpent). The man wants to be seen as “wise” and eats continuously of this tree of the knowledge of good and evil thinking that he is doing these things in God’s authority (becoming a judge in the authority of God).
Genesis 3:22-24 KJV
(22) And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
(23) Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
(24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
God sent the man forth from the garden of Eden to work the ground from when he was taken.
They exchange the Truth of God for a lie and are given over to a reprobate (rejected) mind to do those things which are not convenient.
Romans 1:28-32 KJV
(28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
They sow after the flesh….tilling the ground from where the man was taken from….
(29) Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
(30) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
(31) Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
(32) Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Romans 8:12-13 KJV
(12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
(13) For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
To be continued….